On the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To build this rapidly growing business, you must be highly analytical, set high standards for accuracy and pace. This team works hard, has a great deal of fun; we are making history and having fun doing so.
The position supports the the development and execution of our regional expansion strategies covering new region investments and special projects. In this role, you will help lay the foundations to grow the AWS data center infrastructure footprint, ensuring that the business has a viable and cost effective expansion path in any given region that we operate in. Areas of responsibility include: 1) owning the financial elements of long-term Infrastructure Data Center supply strategies in new regions, 2) evaluating, influencing and approving colocation contractual and supporting data center construction approvals to build, 3) developing and deploying KPI’s that allow us to identify course-correction opportunities in real time, and 4) driving process improvement and automation.
· Partner with the AWS Infrastructure Business Development team to provide strategic guidance on investments alternatives and deal negotiations for regional expansions
· Perform discounted cash flow and P&L financial modeling, often under tight deadlines and lead executive-level discussions. Ensure internal stakeholders (e.g. Real estate, New Region Portfolio Management, Product teams, Networking, Data Center Engineering, Accounting, Legal, Tax, etc.) are aligned with recommendations
· Help prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new deals
· Provide controllership and oversight of business case data integrity and approvals
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, partner cross-functionally, and be self-motivated in a fast-paced and rapidly changing technology environment
· Solid business judgment and controllership focus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Strong excel modeling skills
· Familiarity with financial systems such as Cognos TM1 preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 3 years of finance experience