The AWS Infrastructure Finance team provides end-to-end financial support, driving AWS to be the lowest cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Renewable Energy Finance team which falls under the AWS Infrastructure Energy Finance team. The AWS Energy team is responsible for (1) Delivering Energy to AWS Data Centers, (2) Procuring Renewable Energy to support our 100% Renewable Energy goal, and (3) Developing our Carbon Strategy. The Energy Finance team provides critical support in the form of financial valuation, investment decisions, and driving the global portfolio strategy. In this role, you can expect to:
· Drive the valuation analysis for our Renewable Energy Portfolio and evaluate new Renewable Energy deals across global markets, supporting our publicly announced 100% Renewable Energy goal
· Present deal valuations and recommendations to Energy business partner, developing a deep knowledge of the global energy market
· Report on the financial performance of our Renewable Energy Portfolio and lead the preparation of quarterly and annual reviews
· Manage the process of updating the Renewable Energy projects database through our “Renewable Energy Valuation Automation” web-based tool, including energy price forecasts, key terms of new and existing projects, and other assumptions for deal valuation inputs
· Partner with energy data vendors to source data for our Renewable Energy deal valuations
· Assist in the development of our Carbon Strategy, in parallel with our Renewable Energy Strategy
In AWS Finance, you will work with exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who believe financial partnership is critical to customer success. We benefit from diverse experiences and perspectives and are committed to inclusion as a business advantage and the right thing to do. The growth of AWS and scope of Amazon’s business create opportunities to grow your career and broaden experience in any direction you choose. As a pioneer in cloud services, AWS lets you apply data, creativity, and analytical ability to completely new challenges and opportunities. This is a chance to work hard, have fun, and make history.
· Advanced modeling skills including advanced Excel skills; experience in financial valuation
· Understanding of energy markets, passion for renewable energy and sustainability preferred but not required
· Ability to work independently, partner cross-functionally, and be self-motivated in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners
· Solid business judgment and controllership focus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer-focused, professional demeanor
· Energy experience is a plus, but not required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
· 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.