Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in blazing the new trails of cloud computing. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day.
AWS Finance is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Business Insights and Analytics team. This role will engage with executive leadership, and cross functional business and technical teams to drive results. The successful candidate will implement and drive the core AWS weekly business reporting function and also work on strategic AWS-wide projects straight from the CFO and/or AWS SVP’s office. This role requires a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. The role also has regular interaction with various business units and leadership across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
Key Responsibilities will include:
· Becoming the subject matter expert on and owning the delivery of the weekly business review insights for senior leadership within AWS and implementing scrappy automation for our processes
· Interacting with stakeholders across multiple AWS business teams and leading teams to define and deliver solutions.
· Managing and driving improvement of the leadership goal process; communicating clearly and effectively with top leadership and VPs
· Providing analytical support to the team and creating meaningful reports to drive process improvement or business insights
· Deep dives into the drivers of our business, variance analyses, and driving metric reporting processes
· Strong Excel and analytical skills
· Strong financial modeling skills, including knowledge of SQL
· Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with business teams and senior leadership
· An ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and rapidly-changing environment
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
· Proven problem-solving skills, project management skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) and a minimum 3+ years of finance experience