Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance! Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance is looking for a Financial Analyst to support the AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) business.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform. Read more about EC2 at: http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/
This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including Product Managers, Supply Chain, Forecasting, Fleet Management, Capacity Management, and Data Center operations to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership in the EC2 businesses.
This position will help develop models and processes to manage, explain, and control capital spending for AWS. It will also aid in the optimization of the fleet capacity utilization, evaluate new business opportunities, and drive business initiatives. Additional responsibilities include business and financial forecasting, various weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, and ad-hoc business analysis support. This role requires a self-starter with strong financial modeling abilities, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Great ownership, curiosity, and a desire to learn are ideal fits for this role.
· Own and drive controllership of EC2 capital spending and server rack acquisition planning and approval
· Participate in continuous capital spending and server rack acquisition planning
· Assist business and finance partners in the financial forecasting and budgeting processes
· Develop ad hoc business analysis and present recommendations to AWS senior management
· Partner with business team and BI team to drive automation, efficiency, and accuracy in our planning and controllership.
· Monitor compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes and controls to support the fast-growing, global AWS business
· Advanced Excel modeling and analytical skills
· Financial modeling, capital management and/or analysis experience
· Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
· Track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
· The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines
· Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
· Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos or Essbase), SQL and Data warehouse
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.