Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a Financial Analyst to be a key member of AWS Marketing Finance team. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon. This role will support the WW AWS Marketing organization to help drive growth of AWS business by providing analytical insights to business and finance leaders, driving core financial and business processes, and assisting the Marketing organization in opening and reconciling purchase orders.
Primary Responsibilities include:
· Recommend improvements and provide scoping documents for systems enhancements
· Assist in driving the rhythm of the business for Month-End Close processes across the AWS Marketing Finance organization
· Create insightful reports to explain monthly and quarterly drivers of variances between actual performance and planned performance.
· Standardize, streamline, and prioritize improvements, and increase the reliability and efficiency of reporting and processes
· Partner with the AWS Marketing organization by owning Purchase Orders creation for marketing campaigns
· Advanced knowledge of Excel/ financial modeling
· Advanced financial modeling skills, including knowledge of SQL
· Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
· An ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· An ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
· An ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
· Knowledge of cloud computing industry
· Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
· Experience in Cognos, Salesforce, and/or a finance reporting tools is a strong plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 3+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.