Who we are:
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to help own critical functions within the rapidly growing Last Mile org within operations. Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery service, responsible for delivering packages (and smiles) to households and businesses across the planet.
Our finance team closely partners to support this rapidly expanding business while building a portfolio of delivery stations, vans, and technology to deliver customers' packages on time - often next day, sometimes faster. We augment our traditional "deliver by van" with other models including Amazon Flex (gig economy drivers), Amazon Lockers, and more - all designed to deliver smiles to our customers.
AMZL Finance seeks a Financial Analyst to support Last Mile Delivery. AMZL offers opportunities to grow your career as you engage on one of the many facets of this world-class delivery service. From here, you will have the opportunity to rotate to other functional areas or roles across Amazon's portfolio of businesses.
As a Financial Analyst on the AMZL IPAT (Insights, Planning, Analytics, and Technology) team, you will partner with business and finance stakeholders to drive productivity and cost reductions for our North America delivery operations - transportation from delivery stations to our customers.
You will partner closely with other IPAT finance leaders and the broader AMZL leadership team to develop and maintain a strategic multi-year plan. This role will provide extensive cross-functional partnership opportunities with business and finance stakeholders across multiple geographies to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, controllership, and financial leadership to our last mile delivery organization as we grow our delivery business rapidly.
A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to lead, challenge, and innovate by building creative, socially responsible last mile logistics solutions through large-scale data driven decision making. As a member of a growing team, you will deal with a high level of ambiguity and changing priorities. The successful candidate will maneuver through the ambiguity, communicate effectively across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key.
Success in this role:
Success in this role requires you to partner with and influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, respectively audit and challenge business model assumptions, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. You will collaborate with executives, finance leaders, and functional leaders across multiple business units within Amazon. You bring best-in-class business partnership while advocating strong controllership within your team. You are comfortable reviewing variance analysis deep dives, asking tough questions, and presenting to business owners during reviews. You over-index on building and developing trustworthy, solution-oriented teams who are empowered to identify, analyze, and help solve business problems. You exhibit sound judgment in prioritizing work for yourself and your team that maximizes results for key stakeholders.
· Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
· Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
· Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
· Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
· Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
· Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
· Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.