Be a Part of a Unique Growth Story!
Grocery is the next great growth opportunity for Amazon! With the 2017 acquisition of Whole Foods, and rapid growth in new store formats and online delivery, grocery has quickly become a must win category. Now organized under the simple mantra “Fresh, Food, Fast”, Amazon grocery is committed to delivering on its promise, and doing so in a very big way. Amazon Grocery Finance is well positioned to help the business drive growth, and unlock the full potential of the Amazon flywheel.
Who We Are:
Grocery Finance is dedicated to driving sustainable, profitable growth and the long-term strategy and future of grocery, omni-channel and new physical store formats across Amazon.
As a Financial Analyst on the Amazon Fresh Stores team, you will support the retail operations of the newly launched mass-market omni-channel Fresh Stores business. Partnering with category leadership, you will help make selection, pricing, promotion, merchandising, and other key strategic decisions, as well as provide the financial controllership necessary to drive profitable growth. You will play a central role in guiding the business on how to improve profitability while maintaining the highest standards of customer obsession. Your work will enable Fresh Stores to meet goals that will allow the business to grow to disrupt a trillion dollar industry.
As our team continues to grow, we are looking for individuals that enjoy a challenge and have a desire for professional growth opportunities and continuous learning. Experience in this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon and within the broader Physical Stores Finance organization. Individuals in this role have advancement opportunities to support different businesses and multifunctional teams, to lead new programs and initiatives, and to manage larger teams within the company.
This role partners regularly with a broad range of finance and business leaders across the Physical Stores, Grocery and WW Operations organization, often at some of the most senior levels within the company.
· Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps
· Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
· Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
· Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
· Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
· Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
· Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
· Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards
· Occasional Travel (10%)
· Schedule may require occasional work on weekends or holidays.
· May need to work virtually until corporate guidance changes.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
· Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.