Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to support the EU Devices team. Over the past decade Amazon has developed a number of leading, innovative, and fast-growing devices, including the Kindle eReader, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and the Amazon Echo. The role will focus on business partnership for one or more of our channels / product lines while owning cross-functional deliverables.
As a Devices FA, you will be the central point of contact to drive exciting projects, build reporting, and manage stakeholders across the Intl Device Sales & Marketing teams and the Seattle Device stakeholders. You will play a significant role in business planning cycles, raising the bar on controllership, building reports with senior stakeholder visibility, driving financial initiatives and running financial analysis. The role will also be responsible for developing and maintaining models that provide business intelligence to those teams whilst providing insightful analysis.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded candidate who wants to work in a start-up like environment and is passionate about hardware and digital experiences. The successful candidate will have a passion for providing data-based decision making. You constantly look for areas of improvement, and implement scrappy automation in order to reduce your manual work load to focus on delivering insights into the business.
Key responsibilities include:
· Own the coordination of various financial processes, including month-end close, forecasting, weekly & monthly business reviews and others for Amazon Devices
· Build detailed reporting, and work with cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize international device requirements
· Analyze opportunities and develop financial models for strategies and business plans to grow the Device business.
· Develop key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall financial performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement.
· Partner with the Device product line and channel business teams on key strategic initiatives and operational excellence.
· Advanced Tool knowledge (SQL, Excel)
· MBA from a top school
· Familiarity with accounting / financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle/Essbase)
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion
· Ability to influence business leaders through effective communication, logical reasoning and presentation of the alternatives.
· Commercially oriented finance analyst with 3+ years experience in Finance/Accounting/FP&A in a multinational organization.
· Experience in developing financial reports and scalable processes
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations