The Alexa Entertainment finance team is seeking a Financial Analyst (FA) to play a key role in shaping a strategically important part of the Alexa business. This is an exciting opportunity to join at an early stage for one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon.
This FA will be a trusted finance business partner working closely with various stakeholders to solve complex problems that directly impact the Alexa Entertainment organization. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and they will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the opportunity to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History”.
Job responsibilities will include:
· Develop financial models to prove out initiatives and inform business decisions
· Work with business partners to lead short and long-term financial planning
· Simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions
· Manage monthly and quarterly financial processes
The successful candidate will have proven experience in past roles supporting business owners in rapidly evolving environments. This role has regular interaction with senior leadership and various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong financial modeling & financial analytical skills; Superior attention to detail
· Advanced analytical and problem solving skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Advanced Excel skills
· Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Knowledge of SQL (data mining and business intelligence)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.