Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to be a key member on the Alexa Finance team. The Alexa business is one of the fastest growing among Amazon’s portfolio of devices and this is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon. Amazon’s Finance team is searching for a candidate who can thrive in ambiguity and who can actively contribute to our talented team.
This candidate will be highly analytical, detail oriented, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively manage financial responsibilities and decision making in a rapidly evolving business. This role requires a self-starter with strong modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with senior executives, various business units, and multiple stakeholders across Amazon and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
As a Financial Analyst, you will work directly with leaders to identify growth opportunities for the Alexa business. Job responsibilities include:
· Participating in short and long-term financial planning
· Maintaining and tracking operating and business metrics
· Building financial models for new business concepts
· Developing scalable and efficient financial processes that support a rapidly growing business
· Create new automation processes to streamline reporting
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
· Strong financial acumen including experience with forecasting, budgeting
· Experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results to senior management for strategic decision-making
· Excellent grasp of corporate finance fundamentals
· Strong resourcefulness and ability to find or develop compelling data given limited resources and time
· Experience and ability to use SQL, Essbase, and Cognos
· Advanced Excel skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.