Amazon Advertising is seeking a Financial Analyst to partner with Amazon Publisher Services (APS) team. APS offers a suite of cloud-based adverting solutions that helps web, mobile and video publishers across the internet to more effectively monetize their content with better quality and relevant advertising. This is a fast growth business that is continuously expanding and launching new products and services on a frequent basis.
This position will partner with senior business leaders on a regular basis and will be responsible for financial modeling and analysis, leading business reviews, evaluating partnership deals with publishers and service providers, and supporting strategic and financial planning for new business launches. On a day-to-day basis, this position will interact with general managers, product management, business development, account management, advertising finance and accounting teams.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity; ability to move and adapt quickly to new information or change in strategic direction; can dive deep into data to identify business trends; is detail oriented and has the ability to work well with cross-functional business and finance stakeholders.
· Curate and provide visibility into key business performance and operational metrics.
· Provide financial insights for weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews with key stakeholders.
· Build financial models for new business concepts and special projects by partnering with business development and product management stakeholders.
· Report and maintain financial metrics that evolve with the business. Build for scale. Streamline/automate processes, reporting.
· Anticipate business requirements, trends, and variances through deep dives and metrics; develop action plans; measure and analyze results.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Experience with multiple financial reporting and data mining tools (SQL, Cognos, advanced Excel, Business Intelligence reporting tools)
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, seek feedback, and discern between urgent and non-urgent issues
• Strong attention to detail; problem solving and analytics skills; and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Excellent verbal & written communications skills
3+ years’ of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.