Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, Technology Company based in Seattle. The company ranked 5th on the Fortune 500 2019 list and continues to grow revenue at double digits, executing a simple strategy: “to be earth’s most customer centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.” Amazon has expanded that mission statement to disrupt and innovate multiple industries, including: live content streaming with Amazon Instant Video, tech products with the Kindle Fire and Fire TV and Echo, delivery speeds with two day/next day/same day/one hour shipping, cloud computing with AWS, and online payments with Amazon Payments Services.
Pricing is integral to Amazon’s ability to deliver on its everyday low price promise to customers. With millions of products available on Amazon, Pricing develops technology to compute and publish prices for every retail item in Amazon’s global catalog, delivering competitive prices across full range of products and automating decision-making. Amazon’s World Wide Pricing Finance team seeks a Financial Analyst to support the Pricing organization.
Successful candidate should be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. This individual should possess solid business judgment, strong analytical skills, attention to detail and the strong desire to dive deep into data results and problem solving. The successful candidate will work closely with leadership to provide strategic guidance and decision support in this space. This individual must be able own the financial reporting for a business area, use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models and analyses with little guidance and draw conclusions and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and have global impact. They must be able to communicate data in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both verbally and in writing.
· Serve as key participant in strategic initiatives for Amazon’s global Retail Pricing domain.
· Work closely with pricing research to set up, execute and analyze pricing experiments to drive long term free cash flow.
· Provide go/no go decision support through experimentation, statistical modeling and/or trend analysis for launch of base pricing models.
· Develop metrics reporting and audit mechanisms to measure the accuracy of newly launched pricing models.
· Implement the governance structure and early warning systems needed to manage execution risk
· Build and maintain in depth knowledge across key business areas by staying current on initiatives, challenges/opportunities across the business
· MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CFA) + relevant experience
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL and/or Cognos), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
3+ years’ of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.