Finance Operations (FinOps), you will find yourself working with exceptionally talented and determined people committed to driving financial improvement, scalability, and process excellence. To support the growth of businesses at Amazon, this candidate must possess a strong passion for accountability, setting high standards, raising the bar, and driving results through constant focus on improving existing and future state operations, systems, and processes. The ideal candidate will be able to think big to create a long-term plan, but have exceptional tactical skills to drive day-to-day implementation. They will be able to learn quickly and be willing to experiment with new ideas.
This position will be accountable for vendor impacting issues, such as escalations management, critical vendors handling, Amazon system and process troubleshooting with the suppliers, and root cause analysis for all of the above.
The successful candidate will have experience as an Accounts Payable Analyst, allowing end to end AP process understanding in a high complexity company. Candidate should have a passion for research, process improvement, process mapping and client facing interactions, requiring the skills to transfer knowledge and guide with the highest levels of customer obsession. The ideal candidate must have superior attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously. The position represents an exciting opportunity to be a part of an extremely dynamic and high paced environment, supporting a global organization and offers significant opportunities for rapid growth.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing improved systems to measure business performance
- Developing and reporting on operational performance metrics
- Financial and Non Financial analysis and implementation of important new business initiatives
- Collaborate and build relationships with system and business owners globally to ensure process excellence and the highest degree of controllership.
- Drive resolution of critical issues for vendors as well as support processes/systems deep dives to ensure root cause analysis and correction resulting in improved customer experience.
- Work cross-organizationally and functionally to identify key opportunities in process, technical, and human interfaces and developing and implementing plans to capitalize on those opportunities and measure and monitor success and impacts.
- Experience in accounts payable, receivable, and other financial operations functions
- 3+ years of experience in process improvement or operational excellence
- 3+ years of experience with data analytics tools
- Knowledge of enterprise financial systems (i.e. Oracle, Red Shift, COGNOS) - Strong analytical skills
- Candidates must also have fluency in standard software including Excel
- Experience in identifying and mitigating operational risk
- Strong analytical acumen and being comfortable with drawing metric-based conclusions
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize quickly, organize team dynamics and deliver results with a strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in a fast-paced, often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to present to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Experience in Accounts Payable of over 2+ years, with experience on vendor issue resolution.
- Experience conducting Data Analysis & Reporting.
- Past experience delivering process improvement independently.
- Track record of excellent communication skills – written/verbal, internal/external, verifiable through examples.
- Previous experience delivering on customer experience, with documented examples.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment