Who we are:
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery service, responsible for delivering packages (and smiles) to households/businesses across the planet. Our finance team closely partners to support this rapidly expanding business while building a portfolio of delivery stations, vans, and technology to deliver customers' packages on time - often next day, sometimes faster. We augment our traditional "deliver by van" with other models including Amazon Flex (gig economy drivers), Amazon Lockers, and more - all designed to deliver smiles to our customers. You will make history as you contribute to build one of the largest carriers on the planet.
AMZL Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to partner with Last Mile Delivery Service Partner Products teams focused on delivering new products to enhance the experience and productivity of DSPs and Drivers globally. AMZL offers opportunities to grow your career as you engage on one of the many facets of this high-quality delivery service. From here, you will have the opportunity to rotate to other functional areas or roles across Amazon's portfolio of businesses.
As a Financial Analyst, you will provide financial analysis for strategic projects or initiatives to influence decision-making on these initiatives. This role works closely with finance and business leaders, product managers, program managers, and finance counterparts across the Last Mile org.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: they influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. You bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
· Supporting financial planning, ensuring accurate and timely delivery
· Demonstrating strong drive to learn and an ability to earn trust of your team and business partners
· Focusing on controllership, driving continuous improvement and standardization of processes, including implementation of best practices and automation initiatives, collaborating with technology teams
· Developing metrics and reports to provide controllership to new programs
· Working with a variety of data sources, being able to identify incomplete or inaccurate data, identifying root causes, escalating discrepancies, partnering on the resolution and executing fixes
· A self-starter that thrives in a dynamic environment
· Analytical, with a passion for learning and delivering innovative customer centric solutions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For people with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
· 2+ years of corporate finance or related analytical experience
· Strong English language written and oral communication skills with an ability to concisely summarize relevant data and convey results by effectively articulating complex messages
· Intermediate or advance proficiency with Microsoft Excel
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (f.e., SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos, etc.)