At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average finance position. We are currently looking for a highly analytical, creative and forward-thinking Financial Analyst to join our ever-growing Operations Finance team at our European headquarters in the vibrant city of Luxembourg.
Financial Analyst will partner with Operations, Accounting, Accounts Payable and IT to develop and implement best in class cost control processes and systems that will support Amazon's future growth. He or she will serve as the controller of transportation costs, responsible for ensuring strict financial controls are in place. FA will lead cost improvement initiatives through cross-functional partnerships and insightful analysis. The role is broad in scope and will require an individual who is motivated to make an impact. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
· Ensure that financial controls and processes are in place and respected through continuous audit, reporting, and systems implementation
· Lead continuous cost improvements, and track savings. Present, defend, and gain support for these initiatives from senior management.
· Establish and maintain operating and business metrics, develop next generation of metrics and dashboards, and improve accuracy and pace of the decision based on metrics.
· Enhance and scale existing tools, develop agile processes, design and implement new solutions
· Integrate data improvements and increase visibility into financial reporting and planning processes
· Advanced computer literacy (MS Excel, SQL)
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Superior attention to detail
· Comfortable working with cross-functional teams and working in an unstructured environment
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
· 3+ years experience within a highly analytical role
· Advanced financial modeling & analytical skills
· Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication in English