The Amazon Studios finance team is looking for a Financial Analyst to support the Financial Planning & Analysis team. This is an exciting opportunity to help manage the global growth of Studios with a focus on central financial planning activities, including: strategic and operational plans, goal setting/management, fixed cost management, and driving operational efficiencies.
The right individual will have exceptional financial modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, strong communication, and solid business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results. He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
The team needs a self-starter, who is able to work efficiently and autonomously. The candidate will need to manage ambiguous, complex areas of the business that need problem solving.
· Partner with various teams across the Studio to drive corporate planning cycles (quarterly guidance forecasts, annual operating plans, long range plans, etc)
· Assist with the development and reporting of organizational goals
· Develop robust and scalable reporting capabilities for Studios’ fixed costs
· Drive automation projects / initiatives to streamline current processes and bolster financial controllership
· Perform ad-hoc analyses that assist and influence the Studios business.
· Strong understanding of core corporate finance and accounting concepts
· High proficiency in organizing and manipulating data in Excel.
· Knowledge of SQL, dashboards, and data analysis.
Prior experience in corporate finance, management consulting, public accounting, or investment banking is preferred.
· Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously, drive projects to completion, and work cross functionally.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.