EU Engineering Services sits at the centre of the engineering and construction of Amazon facilities across Europe. You will work closely with the business teams to improve insight through analysis and controls. You will support the implementation of actions to build or refine processes. You will be responsible for financial reporting, forecasting, controls and analysis of EU Operations Engineering.
The role is broad in scope and will require a candidate who is motivated to make an impact. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a ever-growing, progressive environment; will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
· Oversee the EU Ops Engineering weekly and monthly close processes, the planning, forecasting, and reporting models. Coordinate and draft relevant narratives for Operating Plans and other identified initiatives.
· Build scalable reporting tools that dive deep into variances to support build the financial narrative around actuals and plan.
· Own key financial and operational performance metrics. Use data to identify innovative ideas and provide advice to business leaders. Develop key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall financial performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement.
· Use financial systems and advanced MS Excel functions to work with large data sets.
· Direct continuous cost improvements. Present, defend and gain support for these initiatives from senior management.
· Comfort working with large and complex data sets and presenting findings to senior leadership in a concise and actionable manner
· Demonstrated ability to build and handle financial reporting for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
· Experience working in a matrix environment, assisting leaders identify strategy, and achieving goals by working across the organization
· Proven history of business partnership
· BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent
· Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and SQL, Essbase, Cognos or other similar tools