Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to be a key member in our Operations Finance team. This role will have heavy impact and high visibility to essential, business-critical processes, and will require interactions with Directors and VP's within Operations and Finance. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses of Amazon, in a role where you will have regular interaction with executives and various business units across the organization.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills, data mining and modeling capabilities, keen attention to detail, sound logical reasoning, and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
1. Support Amazon Device’s OEM Business Management team, which includes but is not limited to conducting supplier financial health assessments and providing global manufacturing strategy support
2. Manage manufacturing Purchase Price Variance (PPV) for Amazon Devices, which includes improving the audit process, increasing controllership, and driving cost efficiencies
3. Manage the NRE and environmental/sustainability budget for Amazon Devices
4. Provide support for month end reviews, forecasts, and annual operating plans
5. Build financial models, derive insights from large data sets, and present analyses and recommendations to senior leadership
6. Develop, maintain, and track key operations metrics, in an effort to provide insights and drive cost reductions
7. Produce ad-hoc analyses and assisting in various projects
8. Drive increased efficiencies by automating reporting & analytics and enhancing existing processes
· Strong analytical, financial modeling, and reporting skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
· Comfortable working with cross-functional teams in an unstructured environment
· Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with business partners and influence
· Prior experience supporting business decision making through financial analysis in a fast paced environment
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· A quantitative thinker able to use numbers to validate critical concepts and extract meaningful insights
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment
· Basic knowledge of SQL, Cognos, Oracle is preferred but not required
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
3+ years’ of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.