Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and hires qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, age or disability.
Finance is all about the numbers… unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst who will be responsible for planning, reporting, performance tracking and business support for our business in Brazil. It is the best combination of financial and business skills a professional can hope for.
Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are *the* trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. Your experience has taught you how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
Job responsibilities include:
· Support BR business with overall financial planning and reporting plus an increasing agenda on business support to drive top and bottom line growth as well guarantee compliance with company policies.
· Deliver the increasing demand for support from the business to improve financial performance as well as act as a link to central Finance organisms in Operations, Retail, Payments and Global communities as well as Accounting, Tax, Treasury and FinOps.
· Daily financial tracking and continuous improvement discussions
· Build scalable processes and controls
· Own financial planning and reporting rhythms such as Business Reviews, Operating Cycles and Monthly/Quarterly Closing.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· MBA preferred
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
· Measured experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing such mechanisms to result
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
· Career progression and willingness to relocate for advancement opportunities
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
· Relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results.
· Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
· Experience with advanced proficiency in Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.)
· Familiarity with concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· Hands-on and frugal with resources