We are currently seeking an Engineering Operations Technician to serve as a technical resource within our mission critical Data Centers in Greater London Area.
The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of Data Center Engineering Operations. The successful candidates will be expected to have a positive involvement to both the maintenance of our facilities and improving efficiencies to offer better value to our customers.
Electrical equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% uptime.
· Assist in maintenance and monitoring of all Data Center systems to include incidents/events, problems, changes, monitoring, problem escalation/notification/resolution and all other aspects of Data Center support.
· Assist in the operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the Data Center/Facility.
· Perform site walkthroughs to verify proper operation of Facility Equipment and Monitoring Systems.
· Monitor and troubleshoot all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, voice/data, chiller systems and generators.
· Provides assistance to contractors or Data Center Engineers to assist is new build startups to deploy new equipment, such as, building racks, cabling, and other tasks as necessary.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following competencies / behaviours:
· Ability to solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving.
· Ability to maintain SLAs through the implementation of proactive issue detection and immediate response.
· Ability to follow support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries into a trouble ticket system.
· Shows good judgment and instincts in decision making.
· Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
· Ability to demonstrate their ability to take ownership of technical issues brought to them by their customer base.
· Ability to demonstrate a willingness to actively engage other support teams to drive it to resolution.