Here at Amazon we are looking to hire an experienced Reliability Engineering Manager to join the team in one of our highly automated and fast paced Fulfillment Centers (FC).
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Reliability Engineering Manager is the site lead for all Engineering matters within a building. They are responsible for leading their team and building a culture of safety; for ensuring all statutory compliance requirements are followed to provide a safe working environment for all occupants of the building; for providing a high level of equipment availability to the General Manager and for working with the EU Engineering team to plan for future growth. They are also required to take part in network wide improvement initiatives and to implement standards created elsewhere in the network.
· Lead the team, own the annual reporting responsibilities for the team and mentor their direct reports who in turn develop the technicians within the team.
· Work with the site Safety department & Site Leadership to implement, record and audit safety and statutory compliance programmes to provide a safe working environment for all staff. Own the legal responsibilities as the site engineering lead within this framework.
· Work with the recruitment team to ensure allocated headcount is filled with high quality experienced staff. This may include support to Apprentice and Graduate programmes.
· Implement standards validated by the EU Engineering team and participate in continuous improvement initiatives to create or update standards as required in order to provide high levels of safety and equipment availability to our internal customers. A key focus is on preventative maintenance programmes.
· Maintain equipment failure contingency plans, drive rehearsals with affected parties and be prepared to work in a flexible manner to ensure failures or breakdowns are rectified as quickly as possible.
· Maintain a long term focus by working with Site Management, Finance, the EU Engineering team and internal design teams to plan for future growth, upgrades or new equipment roll outs.