The Team: Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to collaborate and push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
· We are looking for a seasoned embedded software/firmware engineer who thrives on technical and operational excellence. Someone that can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve real world challenges.
· As an Embedded Software Engineer within our team, you will engage with a skilled and accomplished cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative wired and wireless sensing devices. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to drive key aspects of technology solution definition, execution and validation.
· Full cycle product development experience from inception through maturity is important.
· You are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
· You will work with technical leads to develop embedded systems through the entire product life cycle, from inception and roadmap through design and into practice.
· You will design and implement robust firmware solutions for various embedded devices. Perform board bring-up, testing and troubleshooting.
· You will contribute to novel device to cloud protocol development spanning time synch to streaming data protocols
· You will develop firmware architectures in collaboration with other engineers
· You will create rapid prototypes and fail fast on the path to innovation.
· You will develop, debug, and deliver production grade firmware.
· You will design and implement world-class monitoring systems for your devices.
· You may travel to the supplier and contract manufacturer sites world-wide to partner and collaborate on product development activities (~10% travel).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Master’s degree in Engineering
· Experience in Linux kernel internals and device driver development
· Experience with wired and wireless networking technologies including Ethernet, WiFi and wireless sensor networks
· Knowledge about firmware security, secure communication, TLS and encryption/decryption
· Experience in Python programming in a GNU/Linux development environment.
· Experience in firmware development for battery powered embedded systems
· Experience in working with cross-functional teams and partnering closely with electronics engineers to deliver fully integrated real-world solutions.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
· 2+ years’ experience in the consumer or industrial electronics industry as an embedded systems design engineer.
· Experience in embedded C and C++ programming and firmware debugging techniques.
· Hands-on experience with embedded system development using RTOS/or embedded Linux and device driver development.
· Experience with hardware interfaces, electronics schematics and board bring-up.
· Experience with wireless and networking protocols and TCP/IP programming.
· Demonstrated shipping at least 2 products from concept to production.
· Familiar with test equipment and test automation.
· Interested and able to travel.