Amazon.com was recently voted #5 most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services.
Amazon.com’s AFT Team is currently looking for a Database Administrator position for its Hyderabad office to design, develop and manage the persistence solutions that serve and support AFT needs. Database administrator will be part of the worldwide operations and responsible for designing, managing and maintaining highly complex, confidential, mission critical and high availability databases in a dynamic and fast paced environment. This job involves design reviews for new/existing development transportation technologies applications, identify and architect right RDBMS database solutions like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Big Data or No SQL based cloud computing and storage technologies, executing projects to deliver high quality deliverables on time, defining development processes for continuous improvement, driving the technology direction and leading the database engineering team effectively.
· 3+ years of experience managing and supporting large and complex mission-critical production databases.
· Working knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle, from initial requirements through operational support.
· Experience in 24x7 on-call support for high-severity problem resolution.
· Experience working directly with internal and/or external customers in database software development and support.
· Experience in root cause analysis, remediation, and problem resolution for complex systems.
· Working knowledge in database systems architecture, including networking, security, scaling, and fault-tolerance.
· Working knowledge of database internals such as locking, wait events, consistency, logging, recovery.
· Proficiency tuning databases for performance, availability and scalability.
· Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion.
· Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a DBA, Database Engineer, or similar role is required.
· Broad and deep knowledge of atleast 2 relational databases including Oracle, PostgreSQL & MySQL.
· Experience with non-relational database technologies as well.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Familiarity with Amazon Web Services such as RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, IAM, EC2, S3, CLI, SDK or equivalent cloud services.
· Proficiency coding in UNIX shell and SQL, and at least one procedural language such as Python, Ruby, Java, Perl, C++.
· Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.