The GTS Finance Technology Team is looking for a passionate, solution-oriented Data Engineer to lead the implementation of the analytical data infrastructure that will guide the decision making behind initiatives like 1-Day Core, AMZL Expansion, and other key projects within Global Transportation Services.
The team is committed to building the next generation big data platform that will be one of the largest finance data warehouses to support Amazon's rapidly growing and dynamic Transportation business.
Our projects span multiple organizations and require coordination of data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
In this role, you will:
· Act as the business-facing subject matter expert for data storage and feature instrumentation, with the responsibility of managing end-to-end execution and delivery across various work streams.
· Work closely with a group of Business Intelligence Engineers, Financial Analysts, Research Scientists, and Data Scientists to recreate the data infrastructure and pipelines necessary to drive Global Transportation Services initiatives.
· Design, implement and support an analytical data infrastructure
· Manage AWS resources including EC2, EMR, S3, Glue, Redshift, etc.
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
· Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
· Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields
· 3+ Years of Data Warehouse Experience with Oracle, Redshift, PostgreSQL, etc
· Demonstrated strength in Unix shell scripting, python/pyspark scripting, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
· Experience in maintaining data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using EMR, Hadoop, Hive, or other Big Data technologies
· Excellent written and verbal communication
· Excellent interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms and an ability to effectively communicate with technical teams
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· 2+ years of working knowledge of Athena / Presto to help build a federated data architecture comprising of RDS, Redshift and Object data stores