Description de l'offre
Amazon is seeking an experienced Mission Critical oriented individual to fill the role of a Data Center Project Engineer. Amazon data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the growing demands of our customers. Deploying and operating data centers is synonymous with ensuring capacity, availability, flexibility, and capital conservation. This Mission Critical role will work with Business Development, design engineering, facility management, and other cross-functional teams to assess and select colocation facilities that meet our business requirements. The candidate will need an in-depth understanding of power distribution systems, backup power generation and fuel delivery systems, mechanical cooling systems, and fire suppression systems common to mission critical data centers.
As a Data Center Project Engineer at AWS, you will directly support site selection review and acceptance, commissioning and Integrated System Testing (IST), and final turnover to Data Center Operations. You will be responsible to investigate, document, and resolve any operational/design deficiencies which are encountered. You will work as part of a global colocation expansion team.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The DCGS business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus. Amazon offers a fast paced, fun, and exciting work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. Amazon’s work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
· The Data Center Project Engineer will be responsible for the following:
· Provide site assessments against AWS minimum requirements of colocation data centers, legacy facility upgrades, and general capital endeavors.
· Perform risk analysis and availability calculations for vendor owned and operated colocation data centers.
· Continually refine and adapt AWS minimum requirements to meet our business needs.
· Perform root-cause failure analysis associated with equipment failures.
· Work with local utility companies to understand and coordinate site utility requirements.
· Work with local agencies having jurisdiction to ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes.
· Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical/mechanical/fire suppression systems.
· Support of Operations including utilization, efficiency, and failover analysis on critical systems.
· Interface with internal data center design teams, controls teams, R&D teams, server hardware teams, environmental health and safety teams to promote standards that maintain consistency and reliability in services delivered.
· Having fun and offering creative, out of the box solutions.
· Travel to Data Center sites as required - International & Domestic (up to 50%).
· Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional field experience
· Cumulative 5+ years of experience with industrial or commercial field engineering in Mission Critical facilities.
· Understanding of international code requirements specific to data center design and operations.
· Excellent understanding of power distribution and cooling methodologies in Data Center applications
· Proficient reading and interpreting of electrical and mechanical one-line drawings
· 1+ years of experience with electrical system protection and coordination schemes.
· Excellent understanding of both mechanical and electrical equipment/design specific to data centers including but not limited to: uninterruptable power sources, diesel generators, electrical switchgear, power distribution units, variable frequency drives, automatic/static transfer switches, chillers (air-cooled and water-cooled), pumps, cooling towers, heat exchangers, CRAHs, air economizers.