AWS Data Center Global Services is searching for an electrical CAD/BIM Designer to join our Team. This position will provide support to the Data Center Global Services Field Engineering Team through preparation of computer generated design drawings from blueprints, models, as-builts and other archive types. Candidates should be versed in graphical communication for electrical, mechanical engineering and construction drawings. The design documents will incorporate elements of high, medium and low voltage transmission fundamentals, industrial electrical distribution, wire types and sizes, conduit types & configurations for riser and underground applications, as well as fiber optic and copper data/voice media types, HVAC, Plumbing, and fire protection plans, details, elevations, & schedules. Candidates should have experience producing and maintaining permit and construction MEP Engineering drawing sets for large facilities (Data Centers, Factories, Hospitals, etc.).
· Update and maintain electrical CAD drawings, BIM models, for existing data centers.
· Assist the data center field engineering team with data center construction & as-built documentation.
· Ensure that all as-built drawings are accurate and updated.
· Create new BIM models from as-built documentation.
· Be self-motivated and work within the group as well as within other teams.
· Have fun and work hard!
Ideal candidate profile
· 4+ years of building engineering and construction technology.
· 2+ years using Revit to design and coordinate large projects.
· 2+ years BIM/CAD experience in the area of Electrical Building Design & services.