Description de l'offre
The Data Center Global Services team at Amazon Web Services is looking for dynamic, innovative and experienced critical minds to solve for the most challenging problems in the industry. This team member is responsible for planning, design, implementation and delivery of data center solutions at all levels of the cloud computing environment to meet ever increasing customer demand for compute and storage capacity.
The Audit Engineer (AE) will be called upon to assist in post-occupancy data center evaluations, optimization and improvements of data center environments globally, which maintain the highest performance standards and utilize innovation to reduce budgets and increase efficiency.
The AE must have experience including troubleshooting, operation and preventative maintenance of mission-critical facilities and associated MEP components. The engineer may also be required to respond to off hour calls in regard to emergent events in relevant facilities and contribute to the resolution of various data center performance issues, and can proficiently provide root cause analysis and reports when necessary.
The AE is responsible for the support of multiple internal business organizations during and following data center evaluations as well as ongoing optimization and improvements of collocated facilities. The AE is responsible for communication of AWS's data center areas of excellence as well as vulnerabilities to collocation management and provides oversight of partner colocation's critical operations. The AE must be able to communicate in a clear and professional manner any issues and risks which could compromise data center environments and ensure appropriate actions are considered by internal Amazon stakeholders and when necessary communicated to relevant vendors.
The AE will also be required to travel and manage the delivery of multiple assessments and reports simultaneously across the globe or region in which they are primarily based.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering or electrical engineering
· At least 1 to 2 years designing, supporting, or optimizing critical facility infrastructure.
· Good command of three-phase power systems, mechanical heat rejection and cooling delivery systems, including Transformers, Generators, UPSs, Electrical Distribution, Chillers, Cooling Towers, DX systems, Pumps, CRACs/CRAHs/AHUs.
· Highly motivated, results driven individual.
· Strong command and fluency in English both spoken and written.
· Comfortable with regular regional and global travel 40% of the time.
· Experience reading architectural drawings, electrical one-line diagrams, and Piping/Instrumentation Diagrams (PIDs).
· Applied engineering knowledge and experience in the dynamics of high performance data centers in regard to variable attributes in system architecture such as availability, adaptability, capacity, durability, fault tolerance, redundancy & future proofing which may impact complexity of operation, budgets and schedule.
· Candidates should have experience in prioritizing tasks effectively and working seamlessly across organizational boundaries.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills which reflect sound business acumen and accurate data acquisition.
· Good understanding of data center operations, maintenance, and business processes.
· Good analytical background.