Work from home with Amazon!
Role: Virtual Customer Service Associate
Location: Ireland: In your home!
Does working weekends, split shifts and/or evening shifts suit you? If so, then keep reading as we have a permanent job for you!
We are looking for highly motivated team players to provide world class customer service. To that end, your schedule will match the times customers need us most. Your team will be responsible for resolving a wide variety of customer issues and educating them to resolve issues themselves . We would love for you to become part of the Amazon home working team based throughout Ireland.
What will you be doing?
As a Customer Service Associate at Amazon, you will act as the first point of contact for our customers by answering their queries through phone, chat or email. You will support our customers with their orders, product queries, payment issues, account updates, website education or problems they may be having. If you are a people person and can deliver great customer service, this role is for you. No previous contact centre experience necessary. To get a feel for what it’s like to work from home with Amazon, please watch the below video:
To set you up for success in this role, Amazon will provide you with 2 weeks training, integrating live customer contacts followed by 4 weeks of supported practice via online training.
Your training will blend both group and individual activities, allowing you to learn with your new team and develop your skills to provide award winning customer service.
What will your working weeks look like?
During the 6 week training period you will be required to work 40 hours per week. As this training is imperative for setting you up for assisting our customers, no holiday’s can be taken during this time. Once training finishes you will move to our will move to our off-peak base of 20 hours per week.
In order to ensure that we match our customer demand, we schedule based on a variety of different, changing shift patterns within the operating hours of 6am to 12 am, Sunday to Saturday; evening shifts, weekend shifts or split shifts are some of the shifts that suit our current team.
While your off-peak base hours will be 20 hours per week, we will require you to increase your base hours to 40 per week during peak seasons – this is usually for 2 weeks mid-July and for 5 weeks across November/December. As you would expect, holidays cannot be taken during peak seasons unless in exceptional circumstances.
What this also means is that there will be times when we are quieter than usual and you will be able to take holidays or unpaid time off. If we are busier than usual, you will have the opportunity to increase your hours and work overtime if available.
What do we need from you?
· You need to provide a quiet, distraction free work space within a dedicated room. You will need to have an ergonomic desk and chair.
· From a technical perspective, you would need to have a minimum broadband connection of 25MB download speed and 10MB upload speed using a hard-wire Ethernet internet connection (no WiFi).
· We will provide you with a complete equipment package ahead of your first day of training.
· Distance of modem to work space may require a long ethernet cable for stable connection.
· You have the right to work in the Ireland.
· Previous Customer Service Experience not essential, full training will be provided
· You have fluent English with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· You are technology savvy with an ability to diagnose and fix basic connectivity problems. *If this role sounds like it’s for you, then click on the link below to start the application process!*
If successful we will contact you re next steps!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age