Description de l'offre
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented real estate attorney to be based in London, England to assist Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com, with a variety of real estate deals.
Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing and service industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more. As Corporate Counsel, Legal AWS, Real Estate, you will partner with AWS' business team to acquire, develop and launch new data centers globally. You will play an active role in the site selection process, reviewing and counseling clients on due diligence and feasibility. You will have responsibility for structuring, drafting and negotiating agreements, managing outside counsel, and counseling internal business clients on:
· Lease agreements (both existing facilities and build-to-suits), real property purchase and sale agreements and land use and zoning issues
· Construction agreements
· A broad range of property issues involving the management of our existing portfolio
You will work directly with the various business teams, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries, and managing outside counsel. You will also be responsible for identifying opportunities for and implementing process improvements. In this role, you will interact with our Public Policy, Economic Development and Tax teams. Some travel will be required.
· At least five years of post-qualification legal experience (with at least three years at a law firm) as a real estate attorney
· Licensed to practice and in good standing
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once
· Excellent English skills that include the ability to draft and negotiate in English
· Enthusiastic, enjoy working hard, being challenged, and working in a fun, team-oriented environment
· Demonstrates sound judgment even in ambiguous situations