Amazon is focused on the health and safety of our employees, whilst continuing to serve our customers. Whilst there is promising news of vaccine development, regular testing on a global scale will continue to be a key factor in controlling Coronavirus and keeping communities safe so we can re-enter the economy with confidence.
In order to contribute to the resources helping to manage the pandemic, Amazon is conducting mass employee testing with its own diagnostics laboratories – join us, and contribute to one of the most significant challenges of our time.
As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist, you will be responsible for one of our diagnostic testing lines and providing analysis of testing results. Whilst mentoring more junior members of our diagnostic team, you will work to optimise our PCR testing process as we continue to scale in capacity. You will also be capable of documenting, identifying and troubleshooting any defective test results, providing escalations when needed.
This role is being hired on a permanent contract and is part of our expanded second shift working Tuesday-Saturday from 17.00 to 01.00, with an initial on-boarding period working 13.00-21.00.
For more information on this program please follow this link: https://blog.aboutamazon.co.uk//working-at-amazon/how-we-ramped-up-onsite-covid-19-testing-for-amazon-employees
· Work closely with the laboratory management team and act as a clinical lead
· Perform all laboratory testing necessary for diagnosis, ensuring correct protocol is followed
· Be responsible for overseeing, reviewing and releasing laboratory testing results performed by biomedical scientists and reporting within a timely and accurate manner
· Ensure equipment and instruments remain in good operating condition, recognise any malfunctions and troubleshoot as needed
· Maintain updated understanding and knowledge of methods performed in the lab and train others on specialised instructions and protocols
· Recognise, document, and escalate protocol deviations whilst ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements through proper documentation
· Experience with virology or clinical microbiology diagnostics
· Extensive practical experience utilising qPCR as a diagnostic technique
· Experience operating in a CL2 laboratory or above
· Good understanding of COSHH regulations and Health & Safety requirements
· Valid Registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Bachelor’s degree in biological, biomedical, clinical laboratory or medical technology science
· Previous experience as a Clinical Lab Scientist/Medical Technologist
· Experience analysing and interpreting qPCR test procedures and results in order to evaluate if an appropriate corrective action is required
· Good understanding of standard precaution policies related to handling of potentially infectious agents & hazardous chemicals
· Able to work in a diverse team