We are Amazon; we pioneer. We are also going through an exciting period of growth.
With the opening of our new Fulfilment Center in Coventry, we are getting the opportunity to hire a junior buyer.
Fulfilment Centers are fascinating buildings: they are where we manage our fast-moving inventory, fulfill hundreds of thousands of orders each day, and exceed customer expectations.
As a buyer, you will support the Procurement Manager– your line manager (based in another Fulfilment Center in the UK) –with all aspects of Procurement.
This includes securing a constant flow of packaging and non-inventory goods and services; we’ll need you to ensure everything is supplied at the best possible value to the business, on a daily basis.
Your high-level mission and key performance indicators:
· Functioning as part of a close-knit team, you’ll assist with driving cost reduction and improved overall services, for greater efficiencies and economies of scale,
· Assertively advocate the value of smart procurement, to create alignment with and buy-in from your internal stakeholders,
· Assist with the analysis of spending patterns, to help you identify a range of savings opportunities,
· Delivery of Fulfillment Center Procurement and packaging metrics, in-line with set targets,
· Achieving annual cost saving targets for your Fulfillment Center,
· Ensuring that no Fulfillment Center materials run out of stock, as well as preventing service supply issues.