Description de l'offre
Amazon.com is looking for a talented, smart, and experienced individual to help revolutionize the Retail analytics space. Our mission is to create a world-class store where customers will discover, research, and buy from the largest selection in the market. Joining the Amazon Home Innovation Team (HIT) means partnering with a dynamic and creative group who sets a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment. The ideal candidate has strong business judgment with a track record of managing large sets of data, can build statistical models using multidimensional datasets, and can partner with business owners to answer key questions.
Our environment is very fast-paced, and requires someone who is enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and management. In this role you will be responsible for helping to drive the advancement of selection, improving processes, and tracking and reporting on the overall program. This role will require someone who is comfortable working cross-functionally to improve performance, can monitor and analyze business partner data, utilize advanced analytics to reveal opportunities, and root cause data issue to solve problems. This role will have a significant impact on the broader teams by contributing to strategic and tactical decisions and implementing solutions through direct project management.
Key functions will include:
· Interface with product managers, data engineers and software developers, gathering requirements and delivering complete analytics/reporting solutions.
· Own the design and manage the development of metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
· Use data mining, model building, and other analytical techniques to develop and maintain customer segmentation and predictive models to drive the business improvements.
· Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and projects to improve customer selection and vendor success.
· Support a platform providing ad-hoc and automated access to large datasets.
· Set the medium and long term analytics roadmap for HIT.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or related technical field.
· 5+ years of relevant employment experience.
· 3+ years of hands on experience in SQL, Excel, Linux and OLAP
· 3+ years of hands on experience in SAS, R and/or Python (data extraction, manipulation, statistical analysis and predictive modeling)
· 2+ years of experience in projects involving cross-functional teams and successfully completing 3-6 projects
· 5+ years of experience in data mining using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
· 5+ years of experience in driving actionable insights and successful completion of 5-10 high business impact projects
· Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams across the world