At Amazon, our BIEs are data experts capable of solving a wide variety of business problems through data analysis and presentation. You will apply your statistical acumen and intellectual curiosity on some of the largest and most robust datasets in the world, with direct business and customer impact. You will own such opportunities end-to-end and using some of the most modern technologies available on the market today (AWS) to extract, process and visualize large multivariate datasets in ways that lay bare the otherwise hidden relationships.
Amazon's EIM team is seeking team members who are enthusiastic about the customer experience and interested in tackling complex inventory and supply chain problems. EIM drives automation, manages new functionality rollouts, pursues entitlement and cost-out initiatives, provides support for Retail teams, and acts as a Retail interface to SCOT and Operations.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to identify defects, opportunities, provide insights and partner with Product Managers to drive improvements in inputs and systemic solutions. This role specifically will support our EIM team on Inventory Health and Supply Chain excellence and will require working closely with WW technical teams guiding supply chain optimization. This will entail coordinating inventory management use case analysis and automation system process rollout, optimizing the return on our inventory investment in our EU businesses across product families and geographies.
The successful candidate is passionate about the customer experience and strives for operational excellence, relish investigating data to find meaning that will drive action and shape the future of our organization. You should be comfortable working with ambiguities, conflicting priorities, and take a statistical approach to identify and prioritize the most impactful efforts. You should be an excellent communicator at all levels internal and external, both spoken and written. You should have an ability to remain flexible in a rapidly growing space and are adept at learning new tools and systems. You should thrive in an environment that is fast paced and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting or working with cross-functional business and technical teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe that diversity of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender and sexual orientation is critical to serving our diverse customer base worldwide.
This role in based in London
· Solving business questions/problems in a statistical manner
· Designing and building metric decks to show where defects/opportunities lie and progress improving these
· Create Category and Vendor facing analysis from large datasets to quantify benefits of improvements and build trust with Amazon
· Create tool sets for Retail to increase automation, sales and profitability
· Anticipate bottlenecks, balance trade-offs between business needs and technical constraints
· Manage technical solutions using AWS and internal tools to support the above
Ideal candidate profile
· Advanced knowledge of Redshift
· Advanced knowledge of Excel and Tableau
· Proven experience as a Data or Business Analyst
· Proven experience working in the ecommerce industry
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
· History of collaboration, critical thinking and problem solving
· Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced environment
· Be comfortable with ambiguity and curious to learn new skills