Are you excited by the challenges of developing analytical solutions to business problems and driving scalability of complex financial models? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment and managing large-scale projects from beginning to end?
Amazon Devices Finance is seeking an innovative, insightful and result-oriented Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to join our Finance Data and Analytics team (FDA). It is a tremendous opportunity to help manage our ever-growing information needs, work cross various organizations and support all Device categories including Echo, Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Emerging Products as well as Accessories. In this role, you will be able to stretch your technical and analytical skills in developing BI frameworks, large database architecture, reporting tools and dashboards needed to provide key performance indicators and insights for our high-growth device business. Your work will have a direct impact on the day-to-day decision making and operational planning processes within the Device Finance organization.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and creative problem solver who have strong understanding of large datasets and Finance, and can translate business use cases into the supporting data systems, create actionable and scalable solutions and enable collaboration with various functions globally including finance, accounting, product management, marketing, data engineering, data science and other BI teams.
Key job responsibilities:
· Interface with finance and business customers to gather data and metrics requirements, translate them into technical specifications and create analytics projects
· Develop reporting, analytics and decision support to enable the Device Finance organization leaders and teams create accountability and mechanisms for financial and operational planning
· Own and maintain on-going analytics tools, BI models and visualizations to increase visibility into key measures of business performance
· Leverage hard data to back up assumptions, conduct deep quantitative analyses, deliver business insights, complete root cause analyses and communicate results effectively
· Mine data from database tables (Redshift, Oracle, MySQL, Data Warehouse), manage ETL processes and develop creative BI solutions to support ad hoc requests
· Help build a platform for self-service reporting and analytics at a global scale
· Partner with data engineers on common areas of building BI data marts, managing data quality, improving data delivery, optimizing reporting performance and providing data usage guidance