Would you like to be part of a team obsessed with customer success? The AWS Data Lab is leading the way in partnering with customers in building on AWS native Databases, Analytics and Machine-learning services. We've already helped hundreds of organizations accelerate and de-risk their cloud projects, and we're growing. As a member of the AWS team, you will work side-by-side with customers, AWS field teams, the Solutions Architects of the Data Lab and the service teams we support. How to tell if you’ll love this role: You are passionate about all of your customers: their successes are your successes; their failures are your failures. You have sales and business development expertise, able to develop and deliver messaging and drive continued customer success along with program growth. You are a technologist, able to understand fundamental constraints and challenge non-fundamental ones. This role requires coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. We are seeking a Product Manager-Technical to help our team shape the future of this growing program while ensuring high quality delivery to our customers. We are seeking a seasoned and experienced professional to do the following:
· Work with account teams to work backwards with customers on a variety of use-cases
· Understand in-depth the technical issues our customers face
· Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
· Serve as spokesperson as needed
· Develop and influence collateral and messaging regarding the program and how it helps customers
Come join our start-up culture, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tight-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and exciting opportunity space worldwide.
▪ Leverage relationships to build trust with AWS field leadership and accelerate strategic enterprise opportunities.
▪ Develop and execute detailed business plans including revenue and customer adoption targets, solutions packaging, go-to-market plans, etc.
▪ Drive business growth objectives by building the strategic plan for AWS Data Lab
▪ Achieve goals and strategic objectives including revenue, pipeline, training and repeatable solutions
▪ Meet and exceed goals for program growth and revenue influence targets
▪ Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team.
▪ Effectively engage C and SVP level business and technical executives
MBA or equivalent experience
The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess software design and development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience in relevant markets.
Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. Executive speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
Operational experience with website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security experience.
Business understanding of cloud computing as a fundamentally disruptive technical and business strategy
Advisory/consulting experience with educational institutions, state and local governments
6+ years of database and/or analytics design and development, and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience
Experience working with large data sets, databases, and cloud-based storage
Minimum of 6 months cloud computing experience using publicly available services
3+ years experience working with customers to design and/or build solutions which support their strategic needs
Sales and/or business development experience in a technology intensive setting, ideally with a cloud organization