Amazon is focused on the health and safety of our employees, whilst continuing to serve our customers. Whilst there is promising news of vaccine development, regular testing on a global scale is going to continue to be a key factor in controlling Coronavirus and keeping communities safe so we can re-enter the economy with confidence.
In order to contribute to the resources helping to control the pandemic, Amazon is conducting mass employee testing with its own diagnostics laboratories – join us, and contribute to one of the most significant challenges of our time.
As a Biomedical Scientist, you will be responsible for working on our diagnostic testing lines and optimising our current PCR testing process as we continue to scale in capacity. You will also be capable of documenting, identifying and troubleshooting any defective test results, providing escalations when needed.
This role is being hired on a permanent contract and is part of our expanded second shift working Tuesday-Saturday from 17.00 to 01.00, with an initial on-boarding period working 13.00-21.00.
For more information on this program please follow this link: https://blog.aboutamazon.co.uk//working-at-amazon/how-we-ramped-up-onsite-covid-19-testing-for-amazon-employees
· Perform routine lab tests under the guidance of laboratory management
· Follow the laboratory's procedures for test handling, processing, and analysis
· Follow the COSHH regulations and comply with the laboratory safety policy
· Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, conduct instrument and procedural calibrations and all required maintenance
· Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problem(s) encountered or immediately notify the senior laboratory staff
· Experience with virology or clinical microbiology diagnostics
· Practical experience utilising qPCR as a diagnostic technique
· Experience operating in a CL2 laboratory or above
· Good understanding of COSHH regulations and Health & Safety requirements
· Valid Registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build
· Bachelor’s degree in biological, biomedical, clinical laboratory or medical technology science
· Previous experience as a Biomedical Scientist/Laboratory Technician
· Experience performing qPCR test procedures
· Good understanding of standard precaution policies related to handling of potentially infectious agents & hazardous chemicals