Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services!
The AWS Kumo software team is searching for an innovative, passionate, and customer-focused Product Manager with a track record of delivery. We are looking for a relentless self-starter that will boldly do what’s best for the business to serve our customers; someone with a true pioneering spirit, willing to “get hands dirty” in a start-up environment while being able to optimize delivery against both short and long term goals.
You possess an established Product Management track record, demonstrated experience launching mission-critical systems, and a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will be responsible for defining the roadmap for an external customer facing product used by every AWS customer, large and small, to subscribe to one or more AWS Support plans, namely Basic, Developer, Business and Enterprise. You will drive the vision to make Support subscription seamless for customers by working with them to integrate the console or public API into their Account Management and Governance tooling. You will partner with multiple software engineering teams to integrate Support subscriptions with AWS Control Tower and AWS Organizations to help customers with multiple AWS accounts and teams who are looking for the easiest way to set up their new multi-account AWS environment with relevant Support plans and govern at scale. Finally, you will evaluate opportunities to optimize rolling out Support trial programs such as COVID-19 Business Support Trial and the AWS Activate Support Trial for startups.
The AWS Kumo team provides technology and trusted expertise that intelligently anticipate and resolve AWS customer needs, helping them adopt, optimize, and operate at scale. Kumo’s products, used by AWS customers and the support teams that help them, are vital to ensuring exceptional customer experiences on AWS. We aim to identify every need of customers across all AWS services before they do, and seamlessly connect them to the most appropriate resolution for their need, eventually fulfilling the vision of a self-healing cloud. We have unfettered curiosity and drive to help build “best in the world” support experiences that customers will love! We are inventing and designing tech that will directly impact every customer across all AWS services. Our industry-leading technology cuts across a wide range of ML techniques from Natural Language Understanding to Deep Learning. Our team packs a punch with principal level engineering, science, product, and leadership talent. We combine the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of an R&D Lab, the work-life balance of a mature organization, and technical challenges at the scale of AWS. We offer a playground of opportunities for builders to build, have fun, and make history!
· Experience in setting product definitions and roadmaps
· Experience working cross functionally with development, design, finance, legal and marketing teams
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
· Ability to analyze data, solve problems, and scope business requirements
· Understand core technologies utilized in this product domain
· Fluent in technical alternatives/pros and cons, and ability to partner with software teams
· Decompose significantly complex technical problems into straightforward solutions
· Strong understanding of the cloud industry
· Experience creating service offerings for enterprise-level customers
· Experience creating B2B service offerings that cater to a wide audience
· Experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products
· Meet/exceed Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meet/exceed Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree required in Business, Computer Science, or related field and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred and/or, relevant experience
· 5+ years of Product Management experience, including strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services and ability to align software teams and senior leadership around the product vision
· 3+ years of experience in a technical product leadership role within the cloud, enterprise IT, e-commerce, or other related domains