Amazon's IT Support Services group is looking for best-in-class AV support personnel.
You will provide quality AV support services to internal customers through all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity.
The successful AV Support Technician will be customer focused and motivated by team success. They will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of high importance requests and ambiguity. They will be committed, flexible, willing to travel, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision. They will demonstrate strong initiative and have the ability to learn quickly.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This is a hands on AV support position in so much as the successful individual will be required to find solutions from basic to complex problems, implement new and challenging standards whilst holding to the highest bar with regards quality and technical expertise. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humour.
This position requires hands-on experience across a wide AV scope. From AV/DV equipment, AV infrastructure (hardware and software), AV/VC support experience (including installation, configuration and troubleshooting of devices) plus general IT/Networking knowledge related to AV infrastructure and software applications.
· AV/DV equipment setup/strike/troubleshooting/operation/maintenance including: video cameras and equipment, computer laptops, DVD, MP3, or other media players, video projectors, VTC endpoints, audio systems and their components, telephones, document cameras, and other miscellaneous AV related equipment or cabling.
· Video conference operation Polycom VTC and CISCO VTC experience
· Professional, discrete and service-minded communication with customers and co-workers in all modes: telephone, email, instant message, text or in person.
· Provide white glove AV meeting support.
· AV room furniture setup/strike and straightening including tables, chairs, lecterns, pipe and drape, easels, and other equipment as needed or directed.
· In addition to room furniture, conduct frequent AV/VC equipment setup/strike tasks, as well as basic troubleshooting and operation.
· Accept/Decline customer invites sent via Outlook/Exchange.
· Properly and safely load and transport AV equipment between rooms and buildings as required.
· Practice good observation skills i.e. monitor conference room states and address issues proactively.
· Promptly report all needed equipment/conference room repairs and ensure preventive maintenance is performed.
· Provide customers with alternative AV room scheduling options as needed, moving meetings in a polite and professional manner when needed.
· Work effectively and productively with all AV team members.
· Work professionally with all levels of the organization.
· Assist team members on as needed basis.
· Adjust work schedule to business needs.
· Keep desk and storage areas neat and organized at all times.
· Practice active customer service, with exceptional customer follow-through.
· Exhibit attention to detail in all activities.
· Promote teamwork at all times.
· Analyze then establish new AV/DV processes and/or improve existing processes, to bring efficiency, productivity, and positive experiences to the Client's awareness.
· Provide productive feedback and process improvement ideas to the team.
This is a very physically active job; employee must be able to lift 50lbs multiple times per day, be comfortable standing and/or walking frequently, and practice good safety habits.