At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth! Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. If you'd like to help us build a place where you can find and buy anything online, this is the job for you.
We are currently seeking an energetic ATS and cross functional services team operational resource to serve within Amazon services Operation teams. Ideal candidates will possess the ability to design, develop and deploy innovative solutions to address operational challenges while driving these solutions to completion. This role requires both independent contribution as well as the ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams.
This role will support the continuous improvement culture across multiple services teams while actively promoting and facilitating the use of continuous improvement methods to support the operation. They will drive change through focused CI efforts to higher levels of performance in safety, quality, performance, cost and growth each and every day. This position may interface with employees at all levels and various functions across the business and within the services organization.
The scope of projects will include but not be limited to inventory management, building uniformity across service groups, time studies, cross functional curriculum building, cross functional metrics building and reporting, database quality control audits, and documentation alignment. The candidate will have a high bar for quality, strong written and verbal communication skills, and must be able to leverage data to drive improvements within the team.
You must be able to:
· Define and develop training curriculum specific to data center operations
· Define, develop and deliver key business metrics for stakeholders
· Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
· Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
· Provide regular reports of data and actions to measure progress against the service team objectives.
· Drive process improvement activities to achieve dramatic improvement in the key business metrics of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and employee development.
· Support services teams with field work as needed.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to maintain vendor relationships and direct work.
· Shows strong judgment and instincts in decision-making
· Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· College Degree or equivalent 5+ years of professional experience in Engineering or related fields.
· 1+ years of experience managing efforts in developing data center focused projects of all sizes.
· 3+ years of working with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project & Team, and other collaborative software.