AWS Enterprise Support has a full-time permanent opportunity available as an Associate Technical Account Manager (TAM). TAMs are strong advocates for their customers and work closely with them to provide support and advice on how the can leverage the most value from AWS. You will work with some of the best and brightest, while developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
You can learn more about a Technical Account Manager via this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjon1FW6hVc).
In this role, you’ll get to:
· Partner with Enterprise Support Technical Account managers to provide supporting services and recommendations to customers to help them transform, improve operations and lower costs.
· Collaborate with Amazon Web Service engineers, Service Teams, Technical Account Managers and customers to ensure the appropriate handling, timely resolution and escalation of support cases and customer asks.
· Liaise with customers during service disruptions to understand and assist in mitigating business impact.
· Access and learn how to use customer account tools to draw insights and address customer asks.
· Compile cloud services operational and cost analysis periodic customer reviews.
· Learn on the job to become an expert in AWS by deepening your skills in cloud computing through certification and training.
· Deliver introductory customer technical enablement sessions such as lunch and learns.
· Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (e.g. feature request).
· Participate alongside Technical Account Managers in customer requested meetings.
· Coordinate and liaise with internal technical teams and specialists to help customers achieve support outcomes.
· Available during non-business hours to handle urgent issues (~5% of role).
You'll have the flexibility to work between the office and home with the opportunity to join Technical Account Managers on visits to customer sites.
The perks of being an Amazon employee don't stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. Amazon’s benefits support the needs of our diverse workforce and their family members, no matter what stage they’re at in their life or career.
· Amazon offers a voluntary health insurance scheme that is open to permanent employees and their eligible dependents.
· Amazon Maternity/Adoption and Parental Leave benefits including a flexible work schedule to transition back to the workplace after maternity leave.
· Commuter benefits that can go towards public transit and parking costs.
· Amazon provides comprehensive coverage and protection to handle life’s unexpected accidents and surprises.
· Employees accrue paid time off in addition to company paid holidays. And when you need more time for some of life’s bigger moments, such as caring for a new child or an ill family member, Amazon offers several paid and unpaid leave options.
· Amazon employees are encouraged to enter different roles, take on new challenges and learn new skills. Our internal transfer opportunities and expanding career development programs help employees build their career.
· At Amazon, most employees have the ability to become owners of the company through the granting and vesting of Restricted Stock Units.
As an equal opportunity employer we embrace diversity and inclusion at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Candidates with experience in any of the following areas are highly desired:
· Previous experience in a relationship management role in an enterprise environment
· Experience with cloud services offerings
· Understanding of technology budget management
· Systems administration, programming or networking experience
· Computer Science or Math background highly desired with a working knowledge of software development practices and technologies
Candidates must have demonstrated expertise in one or more of these areas:
· Strong customer focus with internal or external customer experience
· 3+ years’ work experience in an information technology role with relevant qualifications
· Naturally curious with a high learning drive
· Ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment