Are you passionate about helping Healthcare organisations in the UK Public Sector use cloud technology effectively? Do you have some background in running or designing ICT infrastructure and / or application development, and experience of working in or with the healthcare sector? Do you have a knack for helping others understand new technologies and approaches to solving technical problems, and the communication skills to understand customer business objectives and requirements, and implement solutions to these? Do you have awareness of design best practices for security, reliability, cost optimisation, operational excellence and performance efficiency?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly motivated early-career Solution Architects to help accelerate our growing Public Sector Healthcare business in the UK. Organisations in this sector face huge challenges to improve and integrate the care provided to patients, with limited resources. Working in partnership with more senior members of a dynamic and highly supportive team, you will play a vital part in bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to public sector customers who want to serve patients more effectively and focus more of their time and resources on their core organisational mission.
As an Associate Solution Architect for Healthcare in the broader AWS Public Sector team, you will have the opportunity to design solutions with AWS' utility computing services (such as Amazon HealthLake, AWS Glue, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon RDS, Amazon Lex, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Amazon Comprehend Medical, etc.) for Public Sector Healthcare customers and the organisations that support them. Your broad responsibilities will include: working with customer technical stakeholders (such as sysadmins, developers, and architects), guiding them through solving technical challenges implementing their architectures, contributing to progressing opportunities with customers, and helping them achieve success in specific technical projects that support their broader mission. To do this — and building on any existing technical background you have in development, infrastructure or information security — you will grow your expertise in all AWS technologies, and your understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS cloud.
The ideal candidate will …
· Enjoy working with public sector customers and partners.
· Have a passion for helping designing and implement cloud computing solutions for the UK’s Public Sector Healthcare organisations and their partners to accelerate innovation, reduce costs and improve efficiency, and for educating and enabling the people who work in and with them to do the same.
· Have some awareness of UK Public Sector Healthcare mandates, security, standards, and compliance for designing cloud computing solutions.
· Have some background in technology, with hands-on experience. You will enjoy experimenting with technology to build your technical skills, to the point of being able to participate constructively in architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
· Regularly draw on these skills to contribute to educating customers and creating technology designs for innovative, secure and robust solutions in Public Sector Healthcare organisations, and the AWS partners who work with them, including systems integrators and ISVs. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, get into the detail, create demos / proofs of concept, and generally play your part in helping customers achieve technical success on the AWS cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Using your technical skills, you work with customers to architect well-defined solutions. You understand systems and architecture design fundamentals and the principles of design trade-off decisions to meet customer requirements. You own the design and delivery of components of an overall solution, and may own smaller end-to-end solutions. You also understand design best practices for security, reliability, cost optimisation, operational excellence, and performance efficiency, and have some awareness of how to apply them appropriately in solution designs. You recognise when to use existing solutions, and when to custom-build them.
· You shadow and collaborate with more senior SAs, seeking their input and guidance, playing your part in being a trusted advisor to your customers, and taking time to understand your customer’s needs and technology challenges. You explore relevant technical details with customer teams in depth, taking an active part in technical discussions about their solutions. You stay connected to your customers and promptly follow up on their needs and requests, delivering on your commitments in a timely manner. You help ensure solutions are designed to meet your customer’s requirements and goals.
· You support your own team outcomes by managing your tasks and helping to improve team process efficiency: you partner with other internal teams to use your technical acumen and communication skills to help customers succeed with the technical solutions you help design. Your verbal and written style is clear, concise, and accurate, conveying technical topics verbally, in writing, and pictorially to technical audiences. You request guidance when you encounter roadblock, escalating appropriately in the face of difficult or complex customer issues. You expand your capabilities by investing in learning, experimenting, building, etc. with AWS technologies.
· You help educate and share best practices with customers through contributions to the development, delivery, review, and maintenance of technical content, such as blog posts, presentations, workshops, sample code, and white papers. With guidance from senior colleagues, you may speak at events that educate technical and business audiences.
· You gather specific input about gaps in AWS products and services, and provide actionable feedback to engineering teams through appropriate channels.
The right person will:
· Understand the fundamentals of systems or infrastructure architecture, information security and Healthcare compliance.
· Have a technical degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Health Informatics or Mathematics.
· Have some exposure to modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
· Be AWS-certified (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate).
The ideal candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills enabling them to be part of the technical “face” of Amazon for both end customers and partners. They will be able to hold technical discussions with customer stakeholders, and the background to interact easily with and give advice (under the guidance of senior colleagues) to software developers, sysadmins, and architects in Public Sector Healthcare organisations, and the commercial organisations that support them. The right person will:
· Be highly technical and analytical, with experience of software development, analytics, system administration, or ICT infrastructure, including some background in UK Public Sector Healthcare.
· Have strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations and virtual teams.
· Have business-fluent English.
· Have public speaking and presentation skills.