Sellers are a critical part of Amazon’s ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the Earth’s largest selection and lowest prices. These Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique products providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics and Apparel to Consumables and beyond. In our vision to build a global marketplace, we will enable Sellers to list, make their selection available to customers globally while optimizing their inventory placement across multiple countries. VAT Services on Amazon enables Amazon Sellers to be VAT compliant in any country where they choose to sell and/or place their inventory by removing one of key barriers and friction points that Sellers face when deciding to go international i.e. VAT compliance. We do this by providing an online service for Amazon Sellers (on Seller Central) to VAT Register in 7 countries and to file their VAT Returns in these countries at the desired intervals.
As the Associate Program - Operations Manager, Seller Experience - you will join a dynamic team which is at the forefront of this vision to build a global marketplace. You will be responsible for identifying gaps and improving the processes that impact VAT Filings experience for WW Sellers using VAT Services on Amazon. You will hold a high bar for Seller Experience and lead cross-functional projects that require coordination across partner management, product teams, operations/support teams and external tax service providers to name a few. Ownership of work is extremely important, and candidates should have a proven record of working with projects to their completion. The ideal candidate is motivated, agile, with strong time management and project management skills. This opportunity requires excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, deep diving and communication skills.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
· Operate & manage the end-to-end VAT Filings program and related operations for our service
· Understand and troubleshoot Seller’s pain-points and work backwards to drive improvement across product and overall service
· Ensure to track, measure, report and evaluate seller experience.
· Implement automation and processes to streamline the operations resulting in improved efficiency and reduced defects
· Identify opportunities to invent and simplify and work with the product managers to implement scalable solutions in the product roadmap
· Advanced Knowledge of SQL, Tableau and VBA or willingness to learn
· Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate
· Excellent oral and written skills
· General knowledge of VAT requirements in Europe
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or relevant field of study
· 2+ years of operational project management/program management experience
· Proficient in SQL & propensity to use data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
· Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional and international environment, to lead by influence and earn trust at all levels
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Easily approachable, cooperative, and a team player, easily gains the trust and support of leaders and peers