The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity. The DevOps Consultant is the emerging leader with previous experience in a lead DevOps role. The Consultant will assist on larger projects or run smaller opportunities independently. A successful candidate has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. The consultant is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application and processes.
The Remote Consulting Services (RCS) team based out of Dallas, Texas, provides direct to customer, back office and packaged delivery consulting services to customers remotely from a centralized location. Our consultants are builders and deliver projects, technical workshops, and lead implementation projects with customers around the globe. These professional services engagements focus on customer solutions such as, web applications, enterprise applications, high performance computing, batch processing, big data, archiving, disaster recovery, migration, security risk and compliance. Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants may be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
· Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall
· Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, AWS X-Ray, and APM tools.
· Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce)
· Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity
· Experience with development and automated testing.
· Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate core DevOps concepts (CI/CD, Agile & Automation)
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
“Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.”
· 2+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
· Experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net, or C++.
· Hands-on experience with building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
· Experience working with and delivering using Agile practices.
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
· Ability to communicate fluently (written and verbal) in English and a second language.