Are you looking for an opportunity to have impact in a fast-paced, innovative company? Come make history with Amazon’s legal department. We are seeking an Associate Corporate Counsel to help support our global customer service operations and market analysis teams. This person will provide legal counsel to our world class Customer Service team for its regional operations in the Americas, Africa, and Southeast Asia; support the expansion of its operations into new countries; provide legal guidance in connection with the launch of new services and products; and provide advice on emergent legal issues. This person will also provide legal support for multiple Amazon market research teams dedicated to deeply understanding and continuously improving customer experience across all of Amazon’s businesses.
This attorney will:
· Provide advice on a wide range of legal issues, including consumer and employee privacy, consumer marketing, competition, intellectual property rights, and regulatory compliance.
· Work with outside counsel to obtain actionable regional legal advice and relevant subject matter expertise.
· Coordinate actions and advice across multiple jurisdictions, legal practice groups, and business teams.
· Develop policies and procedures, identify and implement process improvements, and provide legal training.
· Draft a broad range of commercial agreements, e.g. outsourcing agreements, product manufacturing agreements, product purchase agreements, hosted software services, data processing agreements, agency agreements, warrant agreements.
Amazon is a leader in global e-commerce. Our innovative technologies change the way people find, discover and buy products and services. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business.
· In-house experience.
· Familiarity with privacy regulations (CCPA and GDPR) and experience implementing privacy compliance programs.
· Experience synthesizing advice from outside counsel and subject matter experts across multiple countries.
· Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
· Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and computer skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· J.D. degree from an accredited law school and active membership in one state bar.
· 2+ years practicing at a law firm, corporation, military, or similar experience
· At least 1 year of experience in cross-border commercial transactions.