This attorney will manage development legal affairs for Amazon’s motion picture programming in Culver City. This role will work closely with Amazon Studios’ movies business teams, including creative development, business affairs, production, marketing, and publicity
· Structuring, drafting, and negotiating film acquisition, rights option, production services and co-production agreements, as well as above-the-line talent agreements for writers, producers, and directors,
· Evaluating rights issues and confirming chain of title,
· Analyzing and interpreting contracts and providing thoughtful legal advice to clients on potential risks and issues involving intellectual property, privacy rights, digital media, and regulatory compliance matters
· A mix of law firm and in-house experience
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical and computer skills
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· 3+ years of legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm)
· Experience handling legal affairs work for television or feature film productions
· Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required