Come build the future of entertainment with us. Are you interested in shaping the future of online movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? We are looking for a talented lawyer to support our rapidly evolving and expanding initiatives for Prime Video.
Prime Video is a premium content service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular titles, from award-winning Amazon Originals to exciting live sports events. Prime Video is a rapidly expanding and ever-growing business – available today in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. This position offers a unique opportunity to make history at one of the most innovative online video services in the world. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. The team works in a dynamic environment where pioneering on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. Successful candidates are innovative, well organised, extremely hands-on, and highly customer-obsessed professionals.
This role will be responsible for counselling the digital video business on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters, including drafting and negotiating content and distribution agreements and advising on emerging laws impacting online media services. You will also be directly involved in launching new products and services, supporting the continued growth of Prime Video in EMEA.
The role is based in London. Some travel may be required.
· Proficiency in French, Italian, German or Spanish
· Prior experience in-house at a technology or media services company
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society, irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
· At least 2 years post-qualification legal experience in an international law firm
· Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
· High degree of independence and initiative yet communicate laterally and upwardly with ease
· Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Proven ability to deal with ambiguity, with a desire to be challenged and think outside the box
· A team player and consensus builder who can effectively and efficiently collaborate across cross-functional stakeholders
· A good sense of humour and genuine curiosity about evolution of digital media