Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented and motivated environmental attorney to be based in Seattle or Northern Virginia to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing and service industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more. The successful candidate will join the AWS Legal Regulatory Compliance team, which supports data center construction, operations, and compliance with a wide range of regulatory regimes, including trade, products, health & safety, and environment.
You will work directly with Amazon Web Service’s world-wide environmental compliance team and report to AWS’ senior environmental counsel. The role encompasses a variety of tasks and includes managing interactions with regulators, monitoring and responding rapidly to global regulatory changes, and counseling the AWS Environmental Auditing team in the development, execution, and response to various types of audits. This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to join a collaborative, tight-knit team that is leading exciting and pioneering global initiatives as part of a business that is making history. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, pragmatic, enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· Previous data center compliance experience
· A mix of law firm and in-house experience
· Excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Demonstrated experience writing successfully for a diverse range of audiences
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of post-JD (or equivalent qualification) legal experience
· Legal experience in environmental compliance matters, with at least one year at a law firm or government enforcement agency
· High degree of independence, initiative, decisiveness and creative thinking, as well as a desire to be challenged
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to be a partner to business stakeholders