Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented occupational health and safety lawyer based in London to support Amazon Web Services. AWS is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers and more.
You will join a global legal team responsible for counseling AWS on a broad range of regulatory compliance matters relevant to our data center infrastructure and operations, including health & safety, environmental, trade, and products.. As part of this team, you will provide occupational health and safety legal advice to the AWS Data Center Safety team , as well as various other operational and engineering teams across Europe, Middle East and Africa. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other lawyers around the globe to support and craft the compliance approach to pioneering business initiatives. This is an exceptional opportunity for a lawyer to work on multi-jurisdictional safety compliance projects.
Some international travel will be required.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation will be based on experience and includes equity compensation.
· A mix of law firm and in-house experience
· Excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Legally qualified in a common-law or European jurisdiction.
· Between 2 and 5 years of post-qualification experience, with substantial experience in providing workplace health and safety advice.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills.