Associate Corporate Counsel - Digital Video
We are looking for a talented Associate Corporate Counsel to support our rapidly evolving and expanding digital video and content business. Lawyers at Amazon are trusted members of the business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily job. Like everyone at Amazon, we are passionate about our customers.
You will serve as a lawyer responsible for counseling the business on a broad range of commercial, licensing, technology and regulatory matters and structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions. You will also handle legal aspects of content acquisition, and you will be responsible for all related legal matters including evaluating rights issues, confirming chain of title and handling clearance matters, standards and practices review, promotion and publicity issues, and working with other departments like marketing, policy, etc.
You will work directly with the business, serving as counsel on strategic deals, helping launch new products and services, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Principal duties include providing ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media, acquisition of content, regulatory compliance and structuring, drafting and negotiating complicated licensing, technology, development, production, distribution, marketing and other commercial agreements. The role would also require counseling business on relevant legal developments.
The position is based in Mumbai. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
Throughout all the above tasks, you will closely coordinate with local and global legal teams and outside counsel. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enjoy being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· Well versed in written and verbal communication skills.
· A team player and consensus builder with great people skills who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with attorneys and business clients at all levels throughout the organization.
· Ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
· Should have legal and business judgment
· Able to handle ambiguous situations.
· Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
· In-house experience in the media space with a reputed MNC in content related transactions and intellectual property issues.
· · Knowledge / experience in policy and regulatory issues.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
· LL.B. (undergraduate law degree).
· 3+ years of legal experience in commercial / licensing transactions and intellectual property issues.