Work hard, have fun and make history with Amazon's legal team. We're looking for an exceptional lawyer to support Amazon's Canadian consumer business. Our work is intellectually challenging, exciting and fast-paced. Developing innovative solutions to novel legal questions is part of our daily business. Like everyone at Amazon, we’re passionate about our customers.
You will serve as the primary lawyer responsible for counseling several business category leaders on a broad range of strategic, commercial and regulatory matters. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, regulatory engagement, and product development. You will also provide day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial and regulatory relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. You will work with regulators and brands at the highest levels, invent new customer experiences, and help determine Amazon’s future north of the 49th parallel.
Primary duties include developing strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways, and building processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly. This is a multifaceted role where you will advise clients on a wide range of issues, working with PR, Public Policy, Marketing & Advertising, Product Safety, IP and Trade Compliance teams to structure, negotiate and draft general business transactions and drive policy change and improvement across the business.
This position will be located in the Seattle.
· A mix of law firm and in-house experience is a plus
· Canadian legal degree and/or experience is a plus
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
· Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong analytical and computer skills
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from an accredited law school and membership in one state bar is required.
· 2+ years of legal experience (at least 1 year at a law firm)